Amsterdam, NL: Story development for virtual Reality for Venice Biennale. March 2017
Flavio Costa (left) & Laura Catalano (right).
Client: Biennale College Cinema – Virtual Reality.
Client goal: Fifth time (2013, 2015 & 2016) working with participants of a Biennale lab, this time helping them structure their stories within the context of Virtual Reality. In the words of their website "Last January La Biennale launched the first edition of the Biennale College Cinema – Virtual Reality, with the intent of selecting 9 teams composed of a director and a producer, who will work on the development of Virtual Reality projects lasting between 10 and 20 minutes, supporting them along the way through every aspect of the creative process, the production and the process of building an audience, identifying target markets and finding funding.
The 9 projects selected for this first edition (director/producer) are:
· Chromatica (Flavio Costa, Italy / Laura Catalano, Italy)
· Dinner Party (Angel Soto, Puerto Rico / Charlotte Stoudt, USA)
· Ice Cave (Maja Friis, Denmark / Sara Namer, Denmark)
· Dilemma (Camille Duvelleroy, France / Laurent Duret, France)
· Matryoshka Mon Amore (Nir Saar, Israel / Kevin Molloy, UK)
· Spomenik (Ivan Knezevic, Serbia / Mirko Topalski, Serbia)
· The Warship (Erika del Mundo, Philippines / Jack Weinstein, USA)
· The Little Black Pawn (Quentin de Cagny, France / Francois Bouille, France)
· The Neighbour (Romero Rudolf Borgar, The Netherlands / Esther Rots, The Netherlands)
Of the 9 projects that will be developed during the workshop, 2 VR projects will receive a contribution towards production of € 30,000 each thanks to the support of Sony Corporation, and will subsequently be presented at the 74th Venice International Film Festival 2017."
Point of contact:
Savina.Neirotti, Jane Williams & Michel Reilhac.